ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITITES:
The following duties are normal for this position. These job duties are not to be construed as exclusive, or a specific list, and other duties may be required and assigned by the Safety & Training Manager or Transit Director.
- Drive vehicles for the purpose of providing demand-response transportation to elderly, disabled and the public to local and distant points according to schedules and routes established by the Southern Iowa Trolley.
- Assist passengers as needed including door-to-door service available for elderly and disabled passengers upon request, assistance with safety belts, loading and securing wheelchairs, and carrying packages to the door.
- Comply with local traffic regulations and always operate vehicle in a safe manner.
- Perform daily pre-trip and post-trip safety inspections to ensure that vehicles are always in good operating conditions and report any problems to the mechanic.
- Submit by established deadlines all required agency paperwork including weekly log sheets, time sheets, request for leave, overtime request, incident and accident report forms and fuel receipts.
- Collect fares, tickets, and voluntary contributions (seniors only) from passengers, make regular deposits with the dispatcher or local bank as directed, and maintain funds for making change for passengers.
- Maintain two-way radio and/or cell phone communication with dispatcher to receive trip requests and other communications.
- Conduct operator level maintenance of transit vehicles including fueling vehicle, checking, and maintaining proper fluid levels, cleaning interior of vehicle on daily basis and washing exterior of vehicle at least one time per week weather permitting.
- Attend scheduled driver training sessions as scheduled.
- Always maintain a professional and business-like appearance including good personal hygiene and grooming standards that result in a clean, neat, and professional appearance.
- Deal with public in a professional manner.
- Comply with Federal, state, and local laws and regulations and agency policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Full Time, Part Time, Hourly
Drivers to provide on demand, public transportation.
Paid time off, Other
Salary Based on Experience
Southern Iowa Trolley
215 E. Montgomery St., Creston, IA 50801